The smallest yacht in our fleet at 36′ (10.97m), Melbourne Star is very user-friendly and easy to sail, yet she packs all the features her larger sisters have. She is fully equipped to provide you with all the comfort and luxury you would expect from one of the Solent’s premier charter companies. With a deep lead keel, she is fast for a cruising yacht yet easy to sail either by a crew or shorthanded. Melbourne Star has a Raymarine chart plotter and instruments at the chart table, Webasto heating, decent sized fridge, spacious galley with a very useable oven with twin burner hob.
Photos & Specification
Freshly refitted for the 2021 sailing season, Melbourne Star has been afforded a host of upgrades and improvements. We’ve recently replaced all her running rigging and mooring lines, given her a complete electrical and plumbing overhaul, including a much bigger battery bank, we have professionally polished the hull and topsides, replaced companionway timbers, replaced interior decking, she’s got a new more powerful engine and saildrive, plus she’s been given a much needed improvement with a stereo system with speakers above and below deck!
Coded for 8 in accordance with the MCA code of practice to operate within 60 miles of a safe haven.
- 3 double cabins
- Two single side berths in saloon
- Webasto diesel central heating system
- One heads compartment with basin, toilet and mirror
- Pressurised hot & cold water system
- Compact galley, 2 ring cooker with oven, 12v fridge
- 29 hp Volvo Penta diesel engine with saildrive
- VHF radio with DSC
- LED lighting throughout
- Furling head sail and lazy jacks on main
- Wheel steering
- Colour Raymarine chart plotter
- Raymarine ST60 tri-data instruments
- Stereo with Bluetooth connectivity – Complete with speakers above and below deck
- Swimming ladder on the stern
- Coded for 8 overnight in accordance with the MCA code of practice to operate within 60 miles of a safe haven
Melbourne Star is one of the most popular yachts in our fleet and is always in demand. The perfect yacht for hopping from marina to marina, she’ll give you a great sailing experience and is a joy to sail. Not too large, she’s perfect for newly qualified skippers and crew looking to build their confidence in marinas and out in the Solent.
Charter prices for Melbourne Star
(1st November - 31st March)
(1st April - 31st October)
|Week (7 Days)||£970.00||£1,500.00|
|Mid-Week (5 Days)||£750.00||£1,030.00|
|Weekend (2 Days)||£750.00||£1,030.00|
|Extra Day (On top of above rates)||£185.00||£285.00|
Loyalty Discounts for Returning Customers
We offer a discount scheme for returning customers who have chartered any of our yachts over the last twelve months. The more you charter with us, the more discount you get! The scheme is based on a constant rolling 12-month basis, so that makes the scheme more flexible and maximises your discounts as you charter with us.
|PREVIOUS BOOKINGS (Over the last 12 months)||DISCOUNT %|
|1 Charter Booked||2.5%|
|2 Charters Booked||5%|
|3 or More Charters Booked||10%|
We would advise ALL our charter customers to ensure they have suitable holiday insurance in-place to cover their yacht charter holiday. Yachtsman’s insurance is available from a variety of souces like Topsail Insurance and can cover things like damage waiver, cancellations and personal effects cover.
Optional Extra Items:
Outboard engine (2.5hp Suzuki) – £10/day
Inflatable tender – £10/day
Childs lifejacket – £FOC (Child weight 15-40kg only)
Low season is from 1st November to 31st March
High season is from 1st April to 31st October
Backup & Support
As you’d expect with Commodore Yachting, not only do we offer you quality first class yachts, but also the backup and support to compliment them. As standard we give comprehensive backup and support with our 24/7 support phone line, ensuring that should the worst happen we are always here to respond to your call immediately.
All our Yachts are covered by Seastart marine breakdown assistance, giving you peace of mind that should the worst happen, we’ve got you covered.
So what are you waiting for? Book-up a yacht and get out there! The adventure starts here!
* Please contact us for details of what qualifications you’ll need. As a minimum we usually require RYA Day Skipper Practical although we appreciate not everyone has paper qualifications, so if you can safely demonstrate your sailing abilities under the watchful eye of our Chief Instructor, then we are happy for you to charter our vessels subject to a satisfactory deposit being paid.