Yachtmaster Theory without tears!
Study for your Coastal Skipper / Yachtmaster theory on-line
The Yachtmaster Theory course is an advanced level navigation course which can be successfully completed providing a few simple guidelines are followed:
- This is not an entry level course – it assumes knowledge of navigation to Day Skipper level.
- If you studied Day Skipper theory a few years it is vital to undertake some revision before taking Coastal Skipper / Yachtmaster Theory
- Working methodically is the key – start at the beginning! You would be amazed at the number of people who dip in and out and miss crucial information.
- Use all the resources available – that includes your tutor. He or she is always willing to assist if you either by e-mail, telephone or skype. You can even drop in with your charts if you wish.
- Although the online course can be completed on mobile devices, the larger the screen the better. It is always going to be easier if you can see what you are working on!
- Set time aside for your studies. It is all too easy to become distracted. The best students are those who work steadily with regular submissions.
- Book your practical training course – there is nothing better than a deadline to get you going.