About This Course
Get out on the water with a Solent Sailing Event
The Solent is the home of some of the biggest sailing events in the world. We can take you out on the water to watch events such as the Start of the Fastnet Race, Round the Island Race, Clipper Round the World Yacht Race and more.
Pre Requisites for Solent Sailing Events:
- No minimum age although we don’t take unaccompanied under 18s
- No previous experience necessary
- This event is suitable for absolute beginners and experienced sailors alike
What is included:
- Services of experienced RYA Instructor
- Refreshments on board
- Use of foul weather gear
- Use of a life jacket and all safety equipment
- Modern marina facilities at base within easy walking distance of public transport
What is not Included:
- Secure parking at Gosport Marina £8.00 per day (capped at £10.00 for longer events)
What to expect:
- The best plans are drawn in the sand at low tide – be prepared for your instructor to make changes based on wind, tide and anything else that can effect the event.
Our team of Yachtmaster skippers, RYA experienced instructors will ensure you enjoy your Solent Sailing Event in a safe environment. Their aim is also to ensure your time on the water is as enjoyable as possible.
Get out on the water to watch the Cowes Fireworks and start of the Rolex Fastnet Race.
August 4th (evening) – August 6th