About This Course
Relaxing evening sailing trips
Solent sunset evening cruise
Thought about trying sailing but don’t want to commit to a course or staying on board overnight? Aready been out on the water and fancy a couple of hours sailing without the committment of booking a longer cruise or charter? We have just the experience for you! This Solent evening cruise will get out out into the Solent on a skippered yacht for a 2 hour evening cruise. You may even get to see the sun setting over the western Solent!
It is up to you whether you get involved with sailing the yacht, our experienced skipper will be glad to show you the ropes so as to speak. If you would prefer to just relax and watch the world go by , it is perfectly fine too. We have planned these evening sailing trips to to enable you to enjoy some sailing and maybe watch the the sun dip down from the deck of a comfortable cruising yacht.
You will be sailing on a yacht which is able to accommodate up to 12 people and so these cruises are ideal for groups who want to enjoy the experience together. Your skipper will be a fully qualified MCA Yachtmaster, whose role is to sail the yacht from our modern facilites at Gosport Marina and out to the sheltered waters of the Solent.
Your Solent evening sailing trip will last around two hours.
Pre Requisites for a Solent Evening Sunset Cruise:
- No minimum age although we don’t take unaccompanied under 18s
- No previous experience necessary,
- This course is suitable for absolute beginners although if you have some sailing experience you will still find it enjoyable.
What is included:
- Services of experienced RYA Instructor or MCA Skipper
- Use of foul weather gear
- Use of a life jacket and all safety equipment
- Modern marina facilities at base within easy walking distance of public transport
What is not Included:
- Secure parking at Gosport Marina
What to expect:
- Usually to 6 crew on board but we can accommodate larger groups if required
- There may be a mix of participants including beginners and more experienced sailors
- The best plans are drawn in the sand at low tide – be prepared for your skipper to make changes based on wind, tide and anything else that can effect the evening.
We are hoping to make these evening sailing trips a regular event and would love you to sail with us again or even consider taking a RYA training course.
Our team of experienced RYA instructors and MCA skippers will ensure you sail in a safe environment. Their aim is also to ensure your time on the water is as enjoyable as possible.
|Duration||2 hours||Maximum crew||up to 6 but larger groups can be accommodated|
|Location||Solent||Minimum age||All ages although under 18s must be accompanied by an adult|
|What’s included||Free hire of wet weather gear (adult sizes only).||Extras||Secure parking at Gosport Marina|
|When||All year round||Don’t forget||Anything you cannot travel without as we cannot cater for everyone’s special favourites!|
|Let us know about||Any special needs||Cost||£59|
FEEDBACK – Solent Sunset Cruise Reviews
Be the first to let us have your feedback
We hope that a Solent Evening Sunset Cruise will give you a taste to do more sailing and further your skills and experience. If you are a beginner, you might consider taking the RYA Competent Crew Course, You will then be able to progress on to the RYA RYA Day Skipper Theory Course and RYA Day Skipper Course practical courses.
Our experienced RYA instructors and MCA skippers are used to having beginners on board and whilst teaching you sailing skills and safety on board a sailing yacht they place a big emphasis on having fun and enjoying all aspects of sailing including going ashore!