About This Course
RYA Essential Navigation and Safety Course
The RYA Essential Navigation and Seamanship Course is an inspiring online theory course delivered through RYA Interactive. It is an ideal first navigation course for anyone interested in learning to sail or drive a motor boat, This course will give you the essential knowledge needed to start navigating and whet your appetite for the next level, Day Skipper theory.
RYA Interactive courses can be taken at home or on the move. All you need is a computer and an internet connection to complete this RYA Essential Navigation and Safety on-line course.
As you work through the course you will find many interactive exercises to help reinforce the information and lots of chances to try out what you’ve learned.
Course fee: £99.00 which includes:
- Online course delivered by RYA Interactive
- Around 6 hours of online study
- Free plotter and divider set
- Free UK Postage – small charge for overseas postage*
- Your unique user name and password to access the RYA Interactive course
- RYA Course materials including training charts and RYA certificate when you pass.
The Essential Navigation and Safety course will work on most systems but to be sure please read the information below:
Mac or PC (not iPad)
Windows XP or later, Mac OS X 10.6 or later
1.0GHz Intel processor or better
128MB free RAM
100MB free hard disk space
32 bit colour graphics card
1024 x 768 screen resolution
Sound card and speakers or headphones
Minimum web browsers:
Internet Explorer 6, Safari 4, Chrome or Firefox 3
Adobe Flash Player
A connection speed of 512kbps is required.
If using Internet Explorer 10 you may need to view the course in Compatibility Mode (see FAQs for advice).
You will need to switch the pop-up blocker off in your web browser (see ‘How to …’ below for help with this).
- I really enjoyed this introductory course and can’t wait to begin my Day Skipper theory!