About This Course
Day Skipper Theory Course Online
For some people attending a 5 day Day Skipper Theory course or an evening class over 26 weeks is not an easy option. One alternative is to pass the Day Skipper Theory Course Online by taking this RYA on-line theory course from your computer at home. We have teamed up with NAVATHOME to offer easy to follow on-line theory courses with the added advantage that you can submit your answers on-line and find out if your answers are correct with instant feedback as you go. You will need access to a computer but there is nothing to download, everything is accessible online.
This online theory course is available for both Day Skipper theory and Coastal / Yachtmaster theory. Full tutor support is provided with an experienced RYA instructor. We are so confident that you will find this Day Skipper Theory Course Online delivered by Navathome.com both clear and easy to follow that we offering you the chance to attend a FREE Day Skipper Theory Course Online ‘Theory Clinic’ at Gosport Marina if required as many times as you like until you have completed the course. There are detailed explanations on each subject with interactive graphics which can be clicked through forwards and backwards.
You can even try the course with a free trial!
Know your Port from your Starboard!
NEW – Access to Day Skipper revision for 2 years after you pass your course.
£50 discount with this code:
Enter code at the checkout for your discount!
On-line Theory + Day Skipper Practical
Book your on-line Day Skipper Theory course and 5 day Day Skipper practical course for just £735 saving £100 on the regular price. No need to choose dates now – just let us know when you are ready to select dates from the programme.
Applies to online Day Skipper theory + 5 day Day Skipper Practical course only
Offer ends November 30th
Your Tutor - Stuart Cooper
Your tutor will be School Principal, Stuart Cooper. Stuart is a senior Instructor and Examiner with many years experience both as a navigator and of teaching navigation.
Whilst your work will be marked automatically online, Stuart will watch out for your submissions, answer your queries if you need help and mark your end of course assessment. He is available at any reasonable time to speak to you on the phone or SKYPE and answer questions by e-mail. You can even drop in with your charts for a free face to face session if you need a bit of extra help.
Please test your device compatibility by using this free trial.
Course fee: £295.00 which includes:
- Free plotter and divider set for Day Skipper on-line theory courses
- Free UK and EU delivery (exceptions Spain Portugal and Italy) – US and Canada £30 – Rest of world £40 *
- 14 day opt out with full refund **
- Your unique user name and password to access the RYA on-line theory course and exam.
- RYA Course materials including training charts, training almanac, course study book and RYA certificate when you pass.
- Your personal tutor who will give you on-line, skype and telephone support.
- Free Theory Clinic
- Option to retake the course until you pass!
- You have 6 months to finish the course and can extend this for a small admin fee if required. This is currently £30.
- NEW -Access to Day Skipper revision for 2 years after you pass your course.
- Buy a second on-line theory course and receive a 10% discount off both courses. Buy 3 courses and receive a 15% discount!
- Day Skipper Theory and Coastal / Yachtmaster Theory available for IPad and mobile devices.
- Course delivered by Navathome.com, an RYA recognised training centre specialising in online training
The Day Skipper and Yachtmaster courses will work on PC, Mac and most mobile devices. Do try the FREE TRIAL before purchasing to be sure the course will work on your device or operating system.
The RYA have produced a Chart plotter simulator, you will receive an activation code with your course pack. Works on PC and MAC but not mobile devices.
Browser version Windows 7 and above.
- Thought it was a very good course – I think online works well for this and I have learnt a lot from it. It’s also jolted me to do a few things, like get a permanent radar reflector fitted and check fire extinguishers etc. so of practical value also. Peter – May 2016
- Impressive course for such a last minute booking. Most impressive was the fact that id had no experience before this and that was tailored into the course as much as possible. The online course is excellent, teaching you in some areas even deeper knowledge than is needed. Mark is an excellent and very patient instructor who took in to account all of the various students experiences and focused on each individual’s areas for improvement. Edward, October 2014 ( Also took practical Day Skipper course)
- Rapid and clear tutor feedback. Willing to respond to specific queries – unlike other similar tutors I have experienced
- Quick response to exercise submissions.
- Easy to follow. The animations were very helpful in building understanding.
- Almost instant e-mail feedback. Always available at the end of the phone if I rang to ask questions.
- The combination of online “own pace” learning combined with easy access to tutorial support when needed makes the course. ideal for anyone that cannot commit to regular college nights.
- very happy with the course and especially all those those at Commodore, Stuart and his team were very helpful and accommodating. I would definately recommend others to do this course. I have already put what I have learnt to practice – it works! Thanks
How do we do it?
We can arrange a telephone or Skype tutorial if more tuition is requested.
Students are welcome to attend a FREE theory clinic – as many times as they wish and at a time to suit their availability
There is the opportunity to join one of our regular classroom weekends if required
Why choose us?
Navathome is the leading provider of on-line navigation courses. As a school we add a personal touch to this outstanding theory course by ensuring that you have the very best opportunity to complete the course and pass the exam.
We can even arrange a Skype Tutorial if necessary!
RYA Day Skipper Theory Courses Online
- 14 day money back guarantee ¹
- We use Royal Mail standard service for overseas postage, please contact us it you would prefer express delivery *
- Free plotter and divider set for Day Skipper on-line theory courses²
- Introduce a friend and get £30 refund of your course fees!
The small print
* We use Royal Mail standard service for overseas postage, please contact us it you would prefer express delivery. Packages posted to Spain, Italy and Portugal are sent by courier. There is a £30 charge for this.
** 14 day money back guarantee – Course materials must be unopened and unused. Postage is payable to return materials.
*** Exam must be invigilated if you plan you have your Yachtmaster qualification commercially endorsed for vessels over 24m.
**** The chartplotter software provided by the RYA will not work on mobile devices or operating systems earlier than windows 7.
We will arrange delivery of your course materials and obtain a signature. We cannot be held responsible for any losses once the package has been signed for.