About This Course
Milebuilding Trips and Milebuilding Weekends are the ideal way to build miles, experience or just sail further afield with an experienced RYA Instructor on board.
Please keep an eye on this page and our Facebook page for special offers.
Pre Requisites for Milebuilding:
- No minimum age although we don’t take unaccompanied under 18s
- No previous experience necessary although we recommend that you do get out in coastal waters before making a longer trip such as this
What is included:
- Services of experienced RYA Instructor
- Accommodation on board your yacht
- Meals eaten on board including evening meal on overnight passages
- Berthing Fees
- Use of a life jacket and all safety equipment
- Modern marina facilities at base within easy walking distance of public transport
What is not Included:
- Evening meal (eaten ashore)
- Secure parking at Gosport Marina (capped at £10.00 for duration of course)
What to expect:
- Up to 8 crew on board
- There may be a mix of experience from people on their first longer trip to those taking RYA courses such as Competent Crew and Coastal Skipper or preparing for Yachtmaster.
- You may share a cabin or saloon although we try to match boat layout to mix of students.
- There is a sole occupancy option for anyone who would prefer the privacy of their own cabin
- The best plans are drawn in the sand at low tide – be prepared for your instructor to make changes based on wind, tide and anything else that can effect the course.
Our team of RYA experienced RYA instructors will ensure you sail in a safe environment. Their aim is also to ensure your time on the water is as enjoyable as possible.
|Duration||Various||Maximum students to instructor||5 - 8|
|Location||English Channel, France, Channel Islands South Coast and Solent||Minimum age||All ages although under 18s must be accompanied by an adult|
|What’s included||Accommodation on board one of our Bavaria yachts. Evening meals when at sea, breakfast, lunch, snacks and drinks on board. Berthing fees.||Extras||Some evening meals ashore. Wet weather gear £7.50 per day. (£30.00 for the week). Log books if required £6.49|
|When||All year round||Don’t forget||Anything you cannot travel without as we cannot cater for everyone’s special favourites!|
|Let us know about||Any special dietary requirements and needs.|
Please note, we will do our best to cater for vegetarian diets or food allergies but not general food fads! Please call the office if in doubt.
|Cost||All year £595 - £699|
Milebuilding – Student Reviews
If Carlsberg did milebuilders……! This was the best learning experience I’ve ever had. The chemistry between the crew, instructor, boat and weather was spot-on. We had strong winds, big waves, cold air and great visibility for 5 days. We never stopped learning whether it was reefing, sail trimming, steering, docking, passage planning, emergency routines etc. Ian Patience is a highly experienced instructor who is able to disseminate knowledge to students in an informative, fun, interesting and easy-going manner. We started the 5 day course as keen students but finished it as sailors!
Barry – Milebuilding week, October 2018
A fantastic 5 days!
Will – Milebuilding week, April 2016
Highly experienced and competent instructor. We did a lot of sailing over two days and covered the skills we needed to refresh in readiness for our charter in two weeks from now.
Martin – Milebuilding Week, February 2016
Mark was very good at helping to sort out some of the sticky issues of navigating and showing safe management of the boat.. The Milebuilding week was intensive and very useful.
Chris – Milebuilding Week, February 2016
I had a fantastic time, I learnt a lot and I felt far more confident to go on and complete day skipper by the end of the week. Many thanks.
Anna – Milebuilding Week / Competent Crew, October 2015
This was a Mileage Builder weekend which I really enjoyed , Mark was a excellent skipper and I have recommended you to some of my sailing friends
Andrew – Cross Channel Milebuilder, October 2014
Pete and his wife Jan made an excellent pair, Pete was calm, supportive and gently guided and supported as required. As a couple it worked very well and also Jan’s supporting presence made it easier for the other women on the boat to get the most from the weekend. If I knew they would be skippering/instructing I would book agian immediately. I have done numerous courses/milebuilders with various sailing schools and this one was definately at the top of the pile, a decent boat and excellent instruction.
Tony – Milebuilding Weekend, August 2014
Always a pleasure with Commodore!!
Paul – Milebuilding, July 2014
Milebuilding Trips and Cruises coming up...
- April 1st – 5th South Coast Cruise
Looking for a shorter Milebuilding Trip?
Why not try a Weekend Milebuilding trip – leave Friday night for overnight sail to France, Weymouth or elsewhere. Experience offshore sailing with an experienced RYA instructor on board. Opportunity to gain an over 60 mile skippered passage for your logbook.
The Small Print
** We will provide breakfast, lunch and three evening meals with some cakes and biscuits for coffee / tea breaks. We are unable to provide an endless supply of food / fruit / snacks including crisps and chocolate. Should you like to snack throughout the day or have particular food favourites we respectfully request that you purchase these yourself.