About This Course
Experience the world famous Cowes Fireworks
as the Cowes Week Sailing Regatta comes to an end and combine with a Solent Sailing Weekend
Friday 16th August (1800 hrs) – Sunday 18th August
You yacht will leave Gosport on Friday evening in order to find a great spot in which to anchor and watch the fireworks. There will be a finger buffet on board as well as a complimentary glass of wine. After the fireworks the yacht will be berthed in the Medina River ready for a full days sailing on Saturday combined with some time out to watch the racing. On Saturday night we plan to berth in Cowes savour the sights and tastes of the home of world yachting.
You will sleep on board the yacht on Friday and Saturday night. Breakfasts and lunches will be provided on board.
Meet people and get out on the water with a Solent Weekend. Sailing is not all about RYA training courses, sometimes it is good to go sailing just for fun! A Solent Weekend is a popular way to brush up on your skills, build experience and gain sea miles. It provides an ideal opportunity to get out on the water with like minded people. Even if you have never been on a yacht before you can come along!
Under the watchful eye of an experienced RYA Instructor, you will get a chance to steer, handle sails and be part of the crew, all in the sheltered waters of The Solent. The Solent Weekend starts at our Gosport Marina base and you will spend the weekend sailing around the Solent, visiting ports and harbours such as Cowes, Yarmouth and Hamble. You will sleep on board the yacht in one of the Solent marinas where you will find all the facilities you need, as well as excellent pubs and restaurants for your evening meal on Saturday night.
Our experienced RYA instructors are used to having beginners on board and whilst teaching you sailing skills and safety on board a sailing yacht, they place a big emphasis on having fun and enjoying all aspects of sailing including going ashore!
Pre Requisites for this Event Weekend:
- No minimum age although we don’t take unaccompanied under 18s
- No previous experience necessary
- This course is suitable for absolute beginners and experienced sailors alike
What is included:
- Services of experienced RYA Instructor /Yachtmaster Skipper
- Accommodation on board your yacht
- Breakfasts and lunches eaten on board
- Finger buffet on Friday evening with complimentary glass of wine
- Berthing Fees
- Use of a life jacket and all safety equipment
- Modern marina facilities at base within easy walking distance of public transport
What is not Included:
- One evening meal (eaten ashore)
- Secure parking at Gosport Marina (capped at £10.00 for duration of event)
What to expect:
- Up to 10 on board
- You may share a cabin or saloon although we try to match boat layout to mix of crew.
- There is a sole occupancy option for anyone who would prefer the privacy of their own cabin
- The best plans are drawn in the sand at low tide – be prepared for your instructor / skipper to make changes based on wind, tide and anything else that can effect the course.
Our team of RYA experienced RYA instructors / skippers will ensure you enjoy your Event Weekend in a safe environment. Their aim is also to ensure your time on the water is as enjoyable as possible.
The Small Print
* Evening meals taken ashore on weekend courses / cruises except in the case of a night sail.
** We will provide breakfast, lunch with some cakes and biscuits for coffee / tea breaks. We are unable to provide an endless supply of food / fruit / snacks including crisps and chocolate. Should you like to snack throughout the day or have particular food favourites we respectfully request that you purchase these yourself.