About This Course
Beyond The Solent Weekend
Milebuilding Trips and Milebuilding Weekends are the ideal way to build miles, experience or just sail further afield with an experienced RYA Instructor on board. A ‘Beyond The Solent Weekend’ is aimed at anyone who wants a more challenging sailing experience than that offered by sailing within the sheltered waters of The Solent but do not feel quite ready for a Channel Crossing. Typically Beyond The Solent Weekend will include an evening sail on Friday to Yarmouth with an early start on Saturday morning to exit The Solent through The Needles Channel. The plan is then to sail west to Poole staying overnight on the town quay. An early start on Sunday will ensure you are back in Gosport by around 4pm on Sunday afternoon. As with all the best voyages, plans may be changed to ensure crew safety and enjoyment.
Pre Requisites for the Beyond the Solent Weekend:
- No minimum age although we don’t take unaccompanied under 18s
- No previous experience necessary although we recommend that you have some sailing experience before making a longer trip such as this
What is included:
- Services of experienced RYA Instructor
- Accommodation on board your yacht
- Breakfasts and lunches
- Berthing Fees
- Use of a life jacket and all safety equipment
- Modern marina facilities at base within easy walking distance of public transport
What is not Included:
- Evening meal (eaten ashore)
- Hire of waterproofs
- Secure parking at Gosport Marina (capped at £15.00 for duration of course)
What to expect:
- Up to 8 crew on board
- There may be a mix of experience from people on their first longer trip to those preparing for Yachtmaster
- You may share a cabin or saloon although we try to match boat layout to mix of students.
- There is a sole occupancy option for anyone who would prefer the privacy of their own cabin
- The best plans are drawn in the sand at low tide – be prepared for your instructor to make changes based on wind, tide and anything else that can effect the course.
Our team of RYA experienced RYA instructors will ensure you sail in a safe environment. Their aim is also to ensure your time on the water is as enjoyable as possible.
|Duration||2 days plus night sail on Friday||Maximum students to instructor||6|
|Location||English Channel, South Coast and Solent||Minimum age||All ages although under 18s must be accompanied by an adult|
|What’s included||Accommodation on board one of our Bavaria yachts. Breakfasts, lunches, snacks and drinks on board. Berthing fees.||Extras||Evening meals ashore. Wet weather gear £7.50 per day. (£15.00 for the weekend). Log books if required £6.99|
|When||Friday evening 1900hrs to Sunday afternoon 1600hrs. All year round||Don’t forget||Anything you cannot travel without as we cannot cater for everyone’s special favourites!|
|Let us know about||Any special dietary requirements and needs.|
Please note, we will do our best to cater for vegetarian diets or food allergies but not general food fads! Please call the office if in doubt.
|Cost||All year £255.00|
Beyond the Solent – Reviews
Joe was excellent, giving tips and nudges to suit our experience accordingly. I had a great weekend and, as ever, learnt a few great tips.
Nigel – Beyond the Solent, June 2019
Milebuilding Weekends coming up...
All Milebuilding Weekends start on a Friday evening with an evening / night sail
Looking for a longer Milebuilding Trip?
Why not try a longer Milebuilding trip – we have a programme of Milebuilding Cruises for France, Channel Islands and along the South Coast. Experience offshore sailing with an experienced RYA instructor on board. Opportunity to gain an over 60 mile skippered passage for your logbook.
The Small Print
** We will provide breakfast and lunch on weekend trips with some cakes and biscuits for coffee / tea breaks. We are unable to provide an endless supply of food / fruit / snacks including crisps and chocolate. Should you like to snack throughout the day or have particular food favourites we respectfully request that you purchase these yourself.