The Essential Navigation and Seamanship Course is an inspiring course which can be taken in the classroom or as an online theory course. It is an ideal first navigation course for anyone interested in learning to sail, motor boating, sea angling or diving – or pretty much anything else on the water! This course will give you the essential knowledge needed when you’re afloat, from navigation to safety and seamanship to passage planning.
RYA Interactive courses can be taken anytime, anywhere and at your own speed. All you need is a computer and the internet.
As you work through the course you will find many interactive exercises to help reinforce the information and lots of chances to try out what you’ve learned.
This course should take you around 6 – 8 hours of study time to complete
Find out more about the Essential Navigation and Safety:
For some people attending a theory course is not an easy option. One alternative is to pass the RYA Essential Navigation and Safety Course on-line from your computer at home. We have teamed up with RYA Interactive to offer an easy to follow on-line theory course with the added advantage that you can submit your answers on-line and find out if your answers are correct with instant feedback as you go.
You will need access to a computer but there is nothing to download, everything is accessible online. There are detailed explanations on each subject with interactive graphics which can be clicked through forwards and backwards. You can even try the course for free with our free trial.
Course fee: £99.00 which includes:
- Free plotter and divider set
- Free UK Postage – small charge for overseas postage*
- Your unique user name and password to access the RYA Interactive course
- RYA Course materials including training charts and RYA certificate when you pass.
[wptabtitle]Top 10 reasons to take the online course[/wptabtitle]
Top 10 reasons to take the online course
1. Flexibility – anytime, anywhere, at your own speed
2. Suitable for all – new crews through to budding skippers
3. Safety Essentials – all the essential knowledge for going afloat
4. Simplicity – easy to use, interactive and full of great graphics
5. Supporting your knowledge – an ideal accompaniment to your practical course
6. Complements other courses – a great starting point before more advanced courses
7. Real skills – use real skills alongside online technology
8. Best advice – written by top RYA instructors, created by award winning designers
9. Learn it, try it, test it – practice what you’ve learnt before taking the test
10. Be part of it – the RYA’s 1st fully interactive online course
RYA Online Essential Navigation and Seamanship course price: £99.00
*Although we will post your package promptly, delivery times will be dictated by the destination. For international delivery, items may be held up by customs and internal postal delays. Tracking overseas deliveries is not always possble.