RYA Ocean Yachtmaster Theory Online
Prepare for Yachtmaster Ocean with our RYA Ocean Yachtmaster Theory Online course
Unravel the mysteries of astro navigation, using a sextant, ocean passage making, worldwide meteorology and electronic navigation aids.
The Ocean Yachtmaster is an advanced theory course is for those who wish to progress to the highest level in their navigation. This fascinating course will help you to understand the mysteries of navigation that occupied the minds of generations of mariners.
This course is for those aspiring to blue water cruising and is ideal for holders of theYachtmaster Offshore certificate who are preparing for their first ocean passage.
You will learn how to find your position by the moon, stars and planets although the course covers weather, passage planning, watch keeping and much more. The course is fully animated and when you answer a question you will get immediate feedback.
- The earth and the celestial sphere
- Practical guide to use and care of sextant at sea
- Meridian altitudes
- Sun, star and other sights
- Ocean passage planning
- Personal tuition during your course from a full qualified RYA Ocean Yachtmaster instructor.
- Online assessment in your own home. Must be invigilated if the certificate is to be used commercially.
- Instant feedback on your submitted answers followed by personal feedback from your RYA instructor.
- Flexibility to access your course anywhere at anytime on any computer.
- Animated lessons and answers that take you step by step through every stage.
- Great feedback from our clients. We are always ready to accept and implement constructive feedback.
If you are working towards your Yachtmaster Ocean Certificate of Competence, completion of this shorebased course exempts you from the written exam.
You will need to set aside around 40hrs of study time for this course.
Coastal / Yachtmaster Theory
£295.00 (includes all written course materials and tutor support)