Essential Navigation and Seamanship On-line Course
The Essential Navigation and Seamanship Course is an inspiring course which can be taken in the classroom or as an online theory course. It is an ideal first navigation course for anyone interested in learning to sail, motor boating, sea angling or diving – or pretty much anything else on the water! This course will give you the essential knowledge needed when you’re afloat, from navigation to safety and seamanship to passage planning.
RYA Interactive courses can be taken anytime, anywhere and at your own speed. All you need is a computer and the internet.
As you work through the course you will find many interactive exercises to help reinforce the information and lots of chances to try out what you’ve learned.
This course should take you around 16 hours of study time to complete
Course topics include:
- charts and publications
- engine checks
- tidal awareness
- visual and electronic navigation
- rules of the road
- weather forecasts
- passage planning
RYA Online Essential Navigation and Seamanship course price: £105.00
Go to the RYA Interactive website and select Commodore Yachting as your RYA training centre. You will need to purchase your course by contacting us we can then provide you with an enrolment code. You will be prompted to enter the 4 digit enrolment code to access your course!
Course fee includes:
Course Pack which includes a chart, plotter, dividers, course handbook, exercises and an electronic chart plotter CD
On-line Training Almanac
Full support by one of our RYA instructors by e-mail, telephone or SKYPE
First class postage to mainland UK (please ask us for overseas postal charges)
Top 10 reasons to take the online course
1. Flexibility - anytime, anywhere, at your own speed
2. Suitable for all - new crews through to budding skippers
3. Safety Essentials - all the essential knowledge for going afloat
4. Simplicity - easy to use, interactive and full of great graphics
5. Supporting your knowledge - an ideal accompaniment to your practical course
6. Complements other courses - a great starting point before more advanced courses
7. Real skills - use real skills alongside online technology
8. Best advice - written by top RYA instructors, created by award winning designers
9. Learn it, try it, test it - practice what you’ve learnt before taking the test
10. Be part of it - the RYA’s 1st fully interactive online course